Gallery of past work

Wednesday 15 May 2013

A taste of Green

Spring has sprung here in the UK with an extraordinary suddenness and a profusion of blossom and young green growth everywhere you look. This year, after the cold weather of March and April, it has all come at once - two months compressed into two weeks.

Our garden in the spring seems to do green better than any other colour, so here is a taste of green before tomorrow's main post. It is a photograph of a lovely country plant, Jack-by-the-Hedge, a plant of soft and gentle habit which gives succour to the Orange Tip butterfly. Both are now increasingly hard to find with the effect of pesticides. I was so pleased to find in in our garden. I shall watch out for the butterflies.


Jack-by-the-Hedge in the shade
beside a fence in our garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.