Gallery of past work

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Stitching geometry

Very careful stitching involving counting threads and keeping to straight lines along the weave of the cloth are all most unusual for me.


But it seemed a good way through stitch to explore the geometry of modern high rise buildings.

This page from my art journal explores elements of the strips shown above the stitching. These strips were found in photos of office blocks taken in Sydney and Vancouver which were manipulated and cropped to bring out line and shape in the reflections.

This time, I was most interested to exploit what I saw using black and white thread.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Lin. Now way for a short break but will post anything that intrigues.

      Delete
  2. I am always impressed with your work Margaret !
    Love the way you see stitchery possibilities in these geometric shapes !
    And I'm really, really impressed with the way you 'see' !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm always impressed with your work too! Isn't it great we can communicate and see what each is up to - especially in these worrying times.

      Delete
    2. It is a blessing, isn't it ? ... who knew how important computer technology would be for us. I'm glad we are not in the time of the first world war ... or the Spanish Flu epidemic ... tho' I remember the Polio scare ! Even then our parents must have been terrified at the time.
      Hope you are well and keeping yourself safe.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.