Gallery of past work

Sunday 1 March 2020

Hand stitch

A welcome break from my computer has resulted in this stitched sample made in spontaneous response to the strip of white cotton, the small area of appliquéd silk and to the growing stitch on the ground cloth. There was no pre-thinking or planning. I just grabbed some small pieces of fabric, found some suitable threads and off I went.



But of course, as I stitched, things crept into my mind. I couldn't avoid hints of the shapes I've been finding within the reflective glass walls of modern buildings and of the colour palette seen there.

Nothing ever happens in isolation ... even when you think it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.