Gallery of past work

Saturday 25 July 2015

Twirling, cloning and filtering

Absorbed as I am just now with the Pixeladies' second Photoshop course (which continues to be excellent), I've had no spare time or brain space for my own work - stitching or drawing.

Again then, I'm posting some of the images I've generated as we've covered the use of filters and distorting, cloning and spot healing images. These are the fun ones that may just provoke stitching activity, even if not in this form or colourway ...

I provide details of how the images were achieved for those who use Photoshop regularly and might be interested. First is an old fashioned straw baler in a field in Wiltshire with hue and saturation changed and the twirl filter applied ...


Then comes two versions of  old military flags in a church in Dorset with filters applied - fresco, cutout and sketch with graphic pen (this time with foreground and background set to black and white) ...


... and then using the same filters but with foreground and background set to green and yellow ...


Last of all is an image of sunflowers with cutout, fresco and dry brush ... 


... and then the same image to which polar coordinates was applied (polar to rectangular).


I did many other variations of each of these photos as I came to grips with the possibilities and it was just extraordinary how different each image could look with different effects applied - such amazing possibilities - Great Stuff!!

PS ... and I couldn't resist playing again with the colours on that last image. I kept wondering what it would look like in blue!


... Like a huge cascade of falling water?

14 comments:

  1. What fun! I like your colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is enormous and irresistible fun. I've spent an entire afternoon just playing!

      Delete
  2. I do similar play in Corel Paint Shop Pro & am equally amazed with the endless variations. I have "lost" many an afternoon unable to keep from trying "just one more"! I do save many & have used a few in my textile art but often I really don't know what to do with the beautiful images. I really like your last one & can envision it in fabric & stitch. It's like standing at the base of a cliff looking up at dwellings in the face of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about 'just one more' ... though I wish it had been one only. I have a whole file full of these images. I too am not sure what to do with them, though just now it doesn't seem to matter. I can justify the time spent as practice!

      Delete
  3. magnifique amusement...et le résultat est surprenant...on se prend au jeu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merçi, Elfi ... Oui tout à fait. Les résultats sont toujours étonant ... et le jeu irrésistible!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures but I especially LOVE the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin and welcome to my blog. I've just had a quick visit over to yours ... and I see why you love the sunflowers! We adore France and visit often. How I envy you living there.

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful....what a lot of fun you are having! Your work is always very inspiring...and I too love the sunflower....lots of fabric possibilities here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marny. I think my favourite is the twirled hay bailer - but that could just be because of the colours I chose.
      You've correctly identified how much fun I'm having! The course is almost finished now and I'll really miss it. It's all been excellent.
      Come the Autumn, I'll be looking for something else ... I think I'm addicted!

      Delete
  6. I like the sunflower images...blue one is such an interesting abstract. A++++ for taking this exciting challenging adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the A++++ grading!! I love learning and this has been a real pleasure.

      Delete
  7. I love this work you're doing with your images. All really fantastic, whether ultimately stitched or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Connie.
      They were great fun to do. Some will certainly end up by being stitched. I'm going on holiday soon and I'll be taking a couple with me. We're going to Scotland and it's bound to rain so stitching will be a welcome diversion.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.