Gallery of past work

Friday 8 March 2013

THAILAND TEXTILES - A taster

While I was in Thailand visiting family friends, I saw a riot of wonderful, vividly coloured textiles. There were lengths of irresistible silk, lovely stitching on clothes, shoes and bags and beautifully printed sarongs. Everywhere I went, these were for sale on inviting market stalls and in small shops.

I bought a good haul but could have bought so much more, had I had the money and the space in my luggage allowance.


I especially loved this stall in Chiang Mai with its children's shoes....
















and this little shop in Chiang Rai laden with bags and hats ....
























And our friends' cushion in traditional colours and stitching from the north.

And these were the ones that got away - the ones I didn't buy. Next time I'll show you some of the things I did bring home.

2 comments:

  1. It looks to have been a fascinating trip. My son was there recently but he and his wife were hit by a stomach bug which spoiled the holiday. Lots of inspiration for you in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. It was a fascinating trip - colourful, happy and hot, a great interlude in this cold grey winter.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.