Gallery of past work

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Ink Blots


I couldn't resist sharing these two little experiments done at an art group I go to sometimes. Ink was
dropped at random onto very wet 140lb Bockinford watercolour paper and allowed to bleed. The colour was deliberately very intense and unmixed.

I thought the effects were extraordinarily organic and reminded me of many things - moss on a stone wall comes to mind at this moment - but maybe this is just because I've been looking out of my workroom window at the small wall on the edge of my garden - and the sun is shining!





And what fun I've had playing with colour and orientation in Adobe photoshop!

Perhaps I should try tiling them....



and the other one ...




















and manipulated ...
























Serendipity is a wonderful thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.