Gallery of past work

Thursday 3 January 2013

GREAT WESTERN EMBROIDERERS EXHIBITION

I promised details and a poster of the GWE exhibition in Malmesbury starting in February and here it is.


We're all stitching madly and, seeing the developing pieces of work at meetings, I think we can promise our usual wide range of styles and subject matter. Given a broad focus, it never ceases to amaze me how differently people in the group interpret the brief.

The poster is one example and features a piece of machine embroidery by Shirley Watson. Shirley digitises her own designs using her Bernina computerised embroidery machine and software. 

I shall be exhibiting my geology pieces, although I'm not sure how many I'll manage at this stage. I may struggle to complete all of the three large pieces I mentioned in a previous post - but time will tell. I'm always optimistic till time catches up with me....

We very much hope we will see some of you there - do identify yourselves if you come. The exhibition will be stewarded quite a lot of the time and the group are very friendly and always willing to talk about their work.


1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your kind comment on my coursework blog Inspiripedia. I am doing the Creative Sketchbook Course with Distant Stitch and Viv White is my tutor. I struggle with drawing and painting but this course is so well structured that even I can see improvement in my work. I have enjoyed looking at your blog and love your Christmas cards, frosty pics, and the poster for your forthcoming exhibition is delightful. We come to Malmesbury sometimes so I will try to fit in a visit, though the group I belong to (Gordano Textile Artists) are exhibiting at Nature in Art, Twigworth, Gloucester, at about the same time. Wishing you a Happy and Creative New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.