Gallery of past work

Saturday 3 October 2015

Beach perspectives, Aberdeen

In common with many British seaside towns and cities, Aberdeen in north east Scotland has a wonderful length of sandy beach along which runs a splendidly straight promenade. This is a real pleasure to walk along and we have enjoyed its views in a variety of weathers over many years.

Last month on our most recent trip north, we spent a sunny afternoon walking along its length for two miles or more. As we walked, we were struck anew by the lines of perspective formed both by the structure of the promenade and by the break waters as they entered the sea. I took many photos (no surprise) and offer some of my favourites here.








4 comments:

  1. I remember playing there with my bucket and spade as a wee quine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took our wee quine and wee loon together with their parents to St Cyrus beach this summer - wonderful as always - hardly a soul on the two miles of sand. They loved it!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very lovely place. I was in Aberdeen, Washington once...not so lovely! Have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aberdeen is lovely - chilly much of the year, but with a very special northern light, even in summer.
      A good week to you too. Margaret

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.