Gallery of past work

Saturday 12 September 2015

Drawing from a window

In a few peaceful moments yesterday afternoon when I was waiting for a friend to arrive, I picked up sketchbook and pencil and sketched quickly in a relaxed manner and without a great deal of thought and mostly using the 'blind' drawing technique I so enjoy. In about 10 minutes I had half a dozen pages filled.

What follows is a drawing of the frame of the window through which I was looking and, on the left, the traced, abstracted, and coloured version to which I've added possible stitch lines.

                    

Next, another drawing and some small croppings.



                  

                  

I will stitch the first but I'm not sure what, if anything, I will do with the second and its croppings ... just fun, I think ... and no harm in that.
.


2 comments:

  1. Those do look lovely and relaxed, and such a good way to get some stitching started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to have time to print out and stitch the coloured piece. time recently has slipped through my fingers.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.