Gallery of past work

Friday 20 July 2018

Drawings

During the tidying up that I mentioned last time, I came across some drawings that I hadn't posted before - often precursors to or developments of things already posted, but hopefully interesting.

A local hedge group, Malmesbury Wilts

Hedge in South Island New Zealand previously embroidered, 
here traced in 2B pencil, smudged and some negative spaces erased

Olive tree traced, enlarged in size and flipped horizontally and reproduced

Tree as above, repeated twice and reduced in size

A favourite tree group in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, 
negative spaces filled with 4B graphite stick and blended

We are returning to Scotland tomorrow for three weeks of (maybe) good weather. I will no doubt commune again with this last tree group in its beautiful setting in Glen Tanar, near Aboyne. The peace and tranquility of this place have been a continuing delight over 45 years of marriage. 

I will hopefully find time to draw and if Blogger allows, will post occasionally during our stay. 



4 comments:

  1. Margaret I hope that you enjoy your stay whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga. I’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve been to Aberdeenshire -and it’s always beautiful, whatever the weather, but this time we’re hopeful, sensibly or not!

      Delete
  2. Very Interesting !! Trees make me smile big !!

    Hi CS ... just dropping a note to let you know that I have a new blog;
    Threadpainters Art II ... https://threadpaintersartii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you! Trees continue to be a preoccupation - a never-ending fascination wherever I go. There seem to be so many ways of looking at them.

      I will take a look at your new blog as soon as I am able, though access not as easy up here in Scotland as at home. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve been up to.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.