Gallery of past work

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Exhibiting in Stroud, Gloucestershire

I may have been silent for the last few weeks but I haven't been inactive. Although textile work has had to share time with much needed meet-ups with family and friends and escaping to a family holiday cottage in Scotland as soon as we were allowed to do so under Covid regulations, I have been busy making work for this exhibition with the Brunel Broderers. We will be at the gallery in Stroud from 8th to 19 September. 

It has been such a strange time for everyone. My stitching and art work have been a mainstay for me during all the restrictions. Most important has been the focus provided by this exhibition. The theme of Inhabit has encouraged me to make a varied response and has resulted in work both on paper and on cloth. 

As so often, my work has been developed from overseas travel (not of course possible recently). I have written much on this blog in the past about my trips to Sydney, Australia, and Vancouver, Canada. Both of these vibrant modern cities continue to intrigue and fascinate me with their dramatic modern architecture, high-rise office blocks and many reflections.These buildings have provided rich scope for me to develop abstract digital imagery through manipulation in Photoshop. 

But behind its outward appearance, there are hints in the work at the destruction of ancient ways of life and possible damage to landscape and archeology when modern development proceeds largely unchecked.

The exhibition shows new work from all the members of the group. More details of the approach adopted by each member can be found on our blog at brunelbroderers.blogspot.co.uk.

We will be stewarding throughout and look forward to welcoming anyone close enough to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.