Gallery of past work

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Picking up the threads

After a break from work, I generally find it very helpful to pick up again briefly where I was comfortable and where things were seemingly almost complete.

These images, revisited from last year, are the result this time. I feel them to be the end of something rather than the beginning which may seem a strange way to begin the new year. However, manipulating the familiar, overlaying, cropping and working with opacity gets creative thoughts running again for me.

This time, as I look now, I've been surprised to realise that the post contains a busy and restless selection of images when presented all together. Perhaps it will seem less so when presented individually. I hope so.

On the other hand by being not very restful, maybe it will make a better lead into the new than I expected.

So now to venture into less familiar territory ... and a different colour palette and new work ...


6 comments:

  1. Well, since it's been snowing almost nonstop here for 3 days, I can't help but see the view out my windows, a peaceful winter scene. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How beautiful - inspiring weather for stitching and creating? Winters here are generally mild, damp and grey with little snow. This year so far has followed this rather depressing pattern. A (gentle) fall of snow lasting a few days would be very welcome!
      Stay safe ...

      Delete
  2. oooo, i can see tulles layered, and metallics hiding under and crystal beads, and heavier couched threads in dark forest colours--i LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Arlee. Sorry to be so slow to reply.
      Thanks for your kind comments and I'm sure you're right - there is much scope here for further work. Many thoughts are running through my brain but layering is certainly the way to go. Meanwhile, I have other things running in parallel at the moment but will return to these soon in some form.

      Delete
  3. rafraichissant et beau! bises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merçi Elfi. Avant tout, des cartes de voeux je pense, et après qui sait ...

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.