Gallery of past work

Friday 14 September 2018

Brunel Broderers

I have recently been accepted by Brunel Broderers, a small group of textile artists and embroiderers who (currently) come from Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Bristol.

The work of the group is very varied and there is much experimentation with members frequently pushing at the boundaries of what is usually considered to be embroidery. For the first time in a while, I feel excited at the textile challenges ahead.

I joined them recently for a small exhibition of  work at the West Country Quilt and Textiles Show at the University of the West of England, north of Bristol. Each member chose a few pieces of recent work that they wanted to display and we stewarded for the four days of the show.



It was a good beginning for me and I have been made to feel most welcome. I am looking forward to meeting regularly with the group and exhibiting in the area ... and I'm very much looking forward to the future!



8 comments:

  1. Really glad you have joined the BBs. Sorry away next weekend so will miss the Cricklade exhibition.Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise. I'm glad too! I think it's going to be an exciting challenge that will really take my work forward.
      Enjoy your (much deserved) weekend away.

      Delete
  2. I know some of the members of this group, wish I had known/recognised you would have been good to have met you at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to have met you too! I came round and looked at your stand and spent quite a while enjoying what I saw - such lovely colours and textures. Maybe you were there at the time but I didn't recognise you. There were quite a few people around but I didn't interrupt to find out. I wish I had. Maybe we will meet one day ...

      I met Liz Hewitt when I came down to Transformation in the spring and talked to her again when she came to look at our work. It was a pleasure.

      Delete
    2. Oh well there is always next year, Liz and I will be there again and I guess you will to with the BB's.

      Delete
    3. I'll let you know if we're going to be there, though we have an exhibtion scheduled in Cheltenham in September which may make it tricky. Do let me know if you're ever at the Bristol Guild again. I came down with a friend last time and we really enjoyed our visit.

      Delete
  3. A group to interact and exhibit with can make a great difference. Looking forward to how this drives your explorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Sheila. You’re right about groups and the support and challenge they bring. This time, I’m especially looking forward to the conversations and discussions about work and wider ‘arty’ matters!

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.