Gallery of past work

Sunday 17 December 2017

Preparations

hereFor the last two or three weeks, I've been making Christmas cards, a job I do almost every year and always enjoy. I'm told by several friends that they really look forward to receiving these cards, and I guess that if there are any who would prefer that I just visit the local store they say nothing, so I persevere! For this year, I've added tags using a similar design.


I try to use a different technique each year, sometimes a more difficult challenge than others. This time, the choice seemed easier and I used a photograph I took on Quadra Island BC during our trip to western Canada in September. I manipulated it in Photoshop as I so often do. I then printed it out onto white Matt Duo card stock from Fotospeed.com. This proved quick and easy thanks to the acquisition of my excellent Epson printer. I suspect this may not be the last time I use this technique for card making. There will be a big reveal later in the week!

Previous techniques include relief prints with my husband in 2016, paper folding in 2014 and little paper collages of landscapes, among other things, in 2013 .... and can be found here, here and here among other places. 

*For those who are interested, Fotospeed.com, based close to home for me in Corsham, Wiltshire, provides very high quality photgraphic paper, printers and printer inks and an efficient online service. 


4 comments:

  1. les liens ne fonctionnent pas ...mais ces cartes sont surement belles et bienvenus ... bonne semaine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merçi Elfi pour vos commentaires et pour l'avertissement. J'espère que les liens marchent actuellement. C'est la vieillesse!

      Delete
  2. la vieillesse ...chez moi aussi...chaque année un peu plus :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma fille qui a 40 ans, elle dit que c’est la même chose chez elle de temps en temps ... encourageante n’est-ce pas?

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.