Gallery of past work

Sunday 26 November 2017

Shapes hiding in buildings

It's most surprising what shapes and effects hide in buildings to be revealed in a photograph.

I've spent a cold, rather grey afternoon searching through photos taken in Vancouver in August, converting those that looked promising into black and white, then cropping, rotating and adding marks and removing selectively. Most of these were photos of some of the many high rise buildings in the city, so many of which are fitted with reflective glass and therefore have fascinating reflections to add to their striking shapes ... very clever!








The next few I'm not so sure about as a whole, but each one has effects and details that have caught my eye.


Next, sometime, to look at those others that seemed less promising on first glance. You never know what might after all be lurking within ...


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic images! Happy Holidays, Margaret! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. It was a fantastic holiday, but no more now till next spring so I’m living on the treasures of the past.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.