Gallery of past work

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Lobster pots at Porthlethen

On our recent trip north to Aberdeenshire, we had three beautiful, mostly sunny late autumn days one of which drew us east to the coast. We visited the tiny port of  Old Porthlethen, south of Aberdeen. The tide was out and the village bathed in sunlight.

We walked along the quayside and I took photos of lobster pots and boats.



Earlier, on the same day, we walked on St Cyrus beach, a place we try and visit each time we come to Aberdeenshire. On that quiet, increasingly sunny midweek afternoon, it was beautiful. We shared the three miles of sand with a few dog walkers and many sea birds.


We later learnt that the temperature had been 13C, and I have to report (though not reveal in a photograph!) my husband went in the water, up to his waist - but (surprise, surprise) he didn't stay long. I sat on a rock and watched.


6 comments:

  1. Aberdeen is of course 'the silver city with the golden sands' - and although not in Autumn, as a child I remember dipping into the North Sea - mostly just paddling though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few times in the past, in summer with our children, I braved the sea and swam (briefly) but usually I’m far too much of a coward and the very most I do is paddle!

      Delete
  2. des cages comme inspiration! :))) très graphique !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Il y avait des centaines de cages pour la photographie ... et une odeur légère de la mer et de poisson, évidement!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This area is home from home for us - beautiful in any season. We’d go more often and stay for longer if it wasn’t so far away.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.