Gallery of past work

Friday 24 June 2016

A pot and a Referendum

Drawing Monday today (yes, on a Friday this time) saw me down at a local stately home near Bath. We were a slightly depleted group and as it poured with rain for most of the day we were driven inside to lurk in the conservatory and missed the beautiful gardens entirely. I produced this simple drawing of an 'inspired by Delft' pot.


Now I'm home and looking at it properly, it is rather tight and there are many problems with the ellipses. Perhaps it is a reflection of my post Referendum feelings on this sad day for our country.  The bus driver returning us to the car park at the end of the afternoon provided the only light relief of the day when he apologised for the awful weather. 'It has come up from France,' he said. 'I don't think they're very pleased with us today.'

I can only wonder what we have done ... and hope.


6 comments:

  1. I share your befuddlement over yesterday's vote. I think the world is coming apart at the seams. Crazy, tragic, mind-boggling things happening everywhere. I've been enjoying your posts, the cool things you've been doing with your photos. Hope you have a better-than-dismal-because-of-the-political-situation weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie for your kind thoughts. These are difficult and uncertain times indeed. I suspect things will get trickier before they get better ...

      Delete
  2. It's hard to keep smiling isn't it? But this post has cheered me up, and The Idaho Beauty just made me smile too. And friends. And art. Here's to us all - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To us all indeed! We must hope now that those who have to work to find solutions do so with honesty and wisdom.

      Delete
  3. The key word here might just be trickier...we are all feeling so off on theses new events. Unstable is yet another word that comes up for me.
    There seems to be a darkness that is under all these decisions and how does the world move through all these unstable events...tricky?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a highly complex situation that is changing by the moment. Every news bulletin is full of fresh developments. Both our main political parties seem to be in turmoil just when firm leadership seems necessary, though many today are trying to spread much-needed calm. As you said these are very tricky times, seismic even, with change at every turn.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.