Gallery of past work

Saturday 7 November 2015

Rainbow lorikeets at dusk

As I walked back to our hotel last night, I saw an enormous flock of lorikeets - small, vociferous, brightly coloured parrots - gathering in the dusk to roost in an area of palm trees and scrub. They are argumentative and always active and the noise was extraordinary. 

        

Gloriously coloured though they are, with their distinctive shape, they also make good silhouettes when perched on a dead branch against a bright sky.

        

                                     

It was one of those special holiday moments to treasure ... and now we have to leave and move on. Four busy days follow so I may not post for a while.



4 comments:

  1. What wondrous colours they are! A lovely visual interlude you have had - apart from all the other delights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all fascinating. Of course, in many ways it's so similar but the wildlife especially is extraordinarily different - vibrant, noisy and profuse. These parrots in their thousands amazed us especially. How lucky we feel to be able to do this!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I am so enjoying your posts from your holidays!!! And these bird pics....delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marny. It's all wonderful. Gosh how I enjoy all this travel! I think I could become a vagabond ... in comfort!

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.