Gallery of past work

Friday 6 November 2015

Patterns of palm, rain trees and bamboo

Palm trees in this part of the world often come with striking red and orange in the new growth. Leaf shapes are many and varied - from the delicate eucalyptus and shady rain trees, to the wide grass-like bamboo and enormous and varied fronds of the palm trees. Walking round the town and along the beach yesterday, I was fascinated by the varied colours, shapes and patterns of the palms - reds and yellows of every hue and the gentle browns, greys and fawns of the dying vegetation.

I photographed but a small sample of what I saw and include an even smaller sample here. First of all, and perhaps most dramatic, and certainly my favourite is the lipstick palm.









Today I sat on the beach and drew. I'll post the results tomorrow when I've had time to edit and select.


4 comments:

  1. une palme pour la réussite des dessins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'espère que oui, et aujourd'hui le palmier à rouge à lèvres, une variété nouvelle pour moi et très jolie, je pense.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours, especailly in the lipstick palm - I've never seen that. Such lovely patterns too which are an obvious inspiration to you, as I note in your next post. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipstick Palm is lovely, isn't it? I like the straight, parallel stems as well as the colours.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.