Gallery of past work

Friday 6 November 2015

Drawing palms on the beach

Yesterday, I sat on the beach and drew the palms planted to give shade at its edge. I tried to capture the textures, colours (a bit), and especially the shapes and growth patterns in the trunks and the dying vegetation.

Growth patterns in the trunk of a coconut palm ...

                                  

...a dying palm frond at the base of the tree ...

       

... the growth point of two fronds ...

                                       

... and last of all, the base of palm fronds with an attempt at reproducing their colours (though maybe not their shape) ...

       

Perhaps, if I have time before we move on on Sunday morning, I will play with the colours in those delicious straight lipstick palms ... very inviting ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.