Gallery of past work

Monday 11 November 2013

Black and white and framed

A small piece - on the way to a much larger one - which resulted from a recent workshop in Marlborough.


No time recently for concentrated thinking and working time. Much too busy today helping my local art group (Cirencester Art Society) hang their exhibition. This small piece - 10" x 10" features in it.

And then it'll be Christmas and card making and present buying and a long list of other stuff I know I should be doing.

I feel really impatient for some undirected creative playing time ....

6 comments:

  1. This piece is a beauty. I love small work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. I like small work too but also work quite large when the spirit moves me.

      Delete
  2. Hi Charlton, just saw your message on my blog, and when I came to see you (great black and white!) I found we live quite close by, I'll be showing at Brewery Arts soon, might catch you then..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. Thanks very much for replying. We do indeed live close by and I had already realised that you would be showing at Brewery Arts soon. I will try to come to your Meet the Artists day if I can. It would be good to catch up with you.
      If you're interested, the black and white piece can currently be seen in Cirencester Church along with some other pieces of my work in the Cirencester Art Society exhibition, though you will have to search. Textile art doesn't feature strongly ... though a small group of us are working on it!
      As an after thought - how wonderful to attend a masterclass with Norman Ackroyd.

      Delete
  3. I love the flashes of red that this piece has. Good luck with the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi - the red shows up much more in reality. Photographing lines of stitch always seems to give me problems.

      Delete

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.