Gallery of past work

Thursday 18 April 2013

Yellow images

It's the time again to post images of a colour - this month yellow - in the Roy G Biv challenge.

In a very late and predominantly grey spring here it's been a great relief to search for a few signs of yellow. Few people are wearing the colour yet - we're mostly still muffled up in winter darks, but there are a few hardy souls more brightly dressed. In my mind anyway, yellow is a summer hue ... and, in spring, a uniquely floral one.

As a result, I have two flower pictures and I couldn't resist one of the traditional signs of spring here in the UK. There is also a reminder of warmth and sunshine from Thailand and a couple of more general photos.

The first dandelion in our lawn - the ant is enjoying it before my husband scythes it with the mower ...


....and a flower from a friend's gift ...


... some yellow (and red and blue) pipes from one who loves primary colours ....


.... his delivery truck ( he really does love primary colours) ...


... and last of all, a window from the outside of the most extraordinary public toilet taken in Chang Rai, Thailand - a reminder of exotic sunshine and summer heat ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.