Gallery of past work

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sketchbooking

Yesterday I began the Online Sketchbook course with Dionne Swift that I posted about at the end of March  - although I seemed to spend much of yesterday sorting out computer problems - no sound on my PC for the course video being the chief one.

So only today did I really begin preparing backgrounds for future work - painting pages, spattering, dribbling and spraying....



... and searching through my box of old papers, many of them previously used to cover my table during other work.


These seemed to yield the most interesting pages.

Now looking at them posted here though, I can see that, while they make interesting pages, they will be hard to print or draw onto .. I think I got carried away playing and didn't think about the likely demands of the course. Tomorrow I will have to start by painting quiet and unobtrusive washes over some pages - less fun but much more useful. You'd think I'd know that after all this time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.