Gallery of past work

Sunday 3 February 2013

Village and Fields

I've almost finished this square hand stitched piece for the next exhibition.

Village Map
French knots and seeding on silk
I've had it around for many months, returning to it at intervals to add more seeding and French knots as the spirit moved me. It has been especially calming and has had a life of its own, seeming to tell me where to stitch.

I now have to put in the last few stitches where they seem right. I'm sure it will tell me where.

Then I need to stretch it properly and decide how to display it - mount and frame or off the wall. I'm sure it will tell me that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a message on my blog. Every comment is welcome and I will try to answer you as soon I can.